Join with people around Australia in a 26km walking challenge – and raise money to support refugee children go to school at the same time!
Stepping out in love!
In the 1840s, Lutheran pioneer women (refugees from Prussia) carried produce their families grew in Hahndorf to the Adelaide city markets.
The women walked the 26km barefoot, in the dark, carrying loads of up to 60kg.
In July 2017, more than 260 people followed the Pioneer Women’s Trail to raise money to help refugee children in East Africa go to school.
Join us in April 2019 for another Walk My Way - register your interest below or check out the Walk My Way website
Walk My Way 2017
Look what 270 people did on a cold winter’s day in July 2017.
How does it work?
- Register for the Walk and create your personal fundraising page (coming soon)
- Send the link to your family, friends and colleagues and ask them to sponsor you
- On the morning of the Walk, enjoy a hearty German breakfast and be uplifted by inspirational speakers
- Join with others from around Australia to walk and talk your way through the beautiful Adelaide Hills
- Celebrate at Beaumont - you did it, and refugee children can go to school because of you!
What we did together
At Ali Addeh Refugee Camp in Djibouti, the arrival of refugees from countries like Somalia and Ethiopia means there are children missing out on school.
Donations from the ALWS family have been matched with a 10:1 grant from the European Commission. The result? A new school built in just 5 months!
Walkers raised enough money to help 4,806 refugee children go to school, while the ALWS family helped a further 6,267 children = 11,073 children in total – thank you!
Look who walked too!
At the same time as we walked here in Australia, refugees at Kakuma and Dadaab refugee camps in Kenya, and Ali Addeh in Djibouti, organised their own Walk My Way
Across the world people walked together to care for others.
We’d love you to join us in April 2019 as we step out together to bring love to life. Register your interest above!
Keen to start walking?
Drop us a line, and we'll be sure to keep you up to date on the next Walk My Way challenge in April 2019!